We are pleased to offer this training from the Alliance for Justice, the nation’s expert on nonprofit advocacy and lobbying. Abby Levine, J.D., will offer a presentation that answers the following questions:
- What is the difference between advocacy and lobbying?
- Why would nonprofit organizations want to get involved in public policy?
- What is lobbying, and how much can our 501(c)(3) lobby?
- Do you need to have a lobbyist in Jefferson City or Topeka, or are there other ways to stay informed on legislative issues?
- How do we, as a nonprofit, partner on public policy issues?
We will also hear from some local organizations that are involved in public policy advocacy. A continental breakfast will be available at 8:30 a.m., with the program to begin at 9 a.m.
Health Forward Foundation
REACH Healthcare Foundation
Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
Francis Family Foundation