Contact: Jennifer Sykes
Phone: (816) 241-7006
Kansas City, MO — Health Forward Foundation is accepting applications to fill five upcoming vacancies on the 2021 Health Forward Board of Directors.
Members of the Health Forward Board of Directors serve a three-year term. Directors can be re-nominated for a three-year term. Board meetings are held every other month at Health Forward (2300 Main Street, Kansas City, MO, 64108). Members are also asked to serve on a committee as well. Meeting times can be found on the Health Forward website.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of the City of Kansas City, Missouri, and/or Cass, Jackson, and Lafayette counties in Missouri or a Kansas resident, taxpayer, property, or business owner.
Applicants are required to represent the gender, racial, cultural, geographic, and ethnic diversity of Health Forward’s service area. Candidates with experience in any of the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Accounting and auditing
- Asset management and investment strategy
- Behavioral health
- Community-based organizations
- Diverse-abilities expertise (alternatively called disabilities)
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion (with a focus on racial equity)
- Economic and workforce development
- Health care delivery to those most in need
- Health advocacy and government
- Housing or community development
- Organizational management
- Marketing, public relations, and communications
- Public health
- Real estate
- Rural issues
- Work in the research, evaluation, legal, or nonprofit sectors
The Community Advisory Committee reviews applications and selects candidates for interviews. Interested applicants should review the online application for a full list of qualifications. Qualified candidates are asked to complete an online application and submit a current resume by Sept. 1, 2020.