Contact: Jennifer Sykes
Phone: (816) 241-7006
Kansas City, MO — Health Forward Foundation has announced 16 new participants in its Healthy Communities Leadership Academy.
2019 will be the final cohort of local leaders selected to take part in the adaptive and civic leadership development program.
The leadership academy is a yearlong program for up to 16 individuals currently working on (or interested in working on) policy and community environment change related to healthy eating, active living, and tobacco use prevention.
“Since its inception, the academy has empowered leaders working within and across their communities to advocate for policy and environmental change in order to create healthy communities for those most in need,” said Brenda Calvin, Health Forward Senior Program Officer.
Participants represent the greater Kansas City area and focus on uninsured and underserved populations. The new class of participants in the leadership academy include:
- James Baker, BNIM
- Chase Carper, City of Independence
- Sarah Cirese-Payton, Jewish Vocational Services
- Christopher Cooper, PACES
- Gregory Crichlow, KU School of Architecture and Design
- Lana Dominguez, Cultivate Kansas City
- Bianca Garcia, Unified Government Public Health Department
- MaryAnna Henggeler, Jackson County Health Department
- Rachel Hostetler, Riverview Health Services
- Alecia Kates, Mid-America Regional Council
- Kara Lubischer, Saint Luke’s Health System
- Mariana Ramirez, Juntos Center for Advancing Latino Health
- Tracy Russell, Mother and Child Health Coalition
- Rachel Segobia, Lee’s Summit Cares
- Jessica Thompson, Thrive Allen County
- Sandra Thornhill, Community Advocate
“Health Forward has been pleased with the success of the academy and will continue to support the alumni network of past participants who will continue to deepen their individual and collective capacity, enhance connections, and serve as experts in the region,” said Adriana Pecina, Health Forward Senior Program Officer.
Learn more about the Healthy Communities Leadership Academy.