FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: Dec. 14, 2015
Contact: Jennifer Sykes
Phone: (816) 241-7006
Kansas City, MO — The Health Forward Foundation (Health Forward) has elected officers and new members to its 2016 board of directors.
Jim Dockins, Ed.D., FACHE, Alan Flory, and Garland Land, MPH, were all re-elected to their second, three-year term on the board.
Health Forward also welcomed five new board members:
- Charles Foudree, retired, former executive vice president of Harmon Industries, Inc.
- Spence Heddens, retired, former executive at Bank of America
- Renee’ J. Herman, RN, BSN, MHSA, high risk transition care coordinator at St. Luke’s Hospital
- Kim Riley, community advocate, WellCare Health Plans
- Julia Simmons, M.D., MBA, FAAP, Children’s Mercy Hospital and Clinics
Kimberly Young was elected as chair of the Health Forward board of directors, Wayne Powell was elected as vice chair, Tom Cranshaw was elected as secretary and Peg VanWagoner was elected as treasurer.
“We are so pleased to welcome these immensely talented individuals to serve on our board of directors. They all bring a unique set of skills and a shared passion for helping improve the lives of the uninsured and underserved in our region,” said Health Forward President/CEO Bridget McCandless, M.D.