Health Forward Foundation has created the Missouri Medicaid Expansion Implementation Fund to support education and enrollment for the expanded Medicaid program in Missouri. The fund will ensure that newly eligible potential individuals in our service area are informed about the opportunity to enroll, and that organizations are able to quickly and efficiently assist the newly eligible enrollees.
We will award up to $15,000 in funding per grant for organizations in Jackson, Cass, and Lafayette counties and Kansas City, Missouri (including portions of Clay and Platte counties). The fund will prioritize Missouri Medicaid expansion education and enrollment efforts that:
- Provide information about who is newly eligible to qualify for Medicaid
- Provide timely and accurate information and resources about opportunities to enroll in Medicaid in Jackson, Cass, and Lafayette counties and KCMO (including portions of Clay and Platte counties)
- Enhance organizational capacity to enroll newly eligible potential enrollees
Example uses of the fund include, but are not limited to:
- Support the development, printing, and/or dissemination of materials to inform the newly eligible population about the opportunity to enroll
- Interpretation or translation services for outreach to minority populations
- Increase capacity for enrollment staff
- Enhance training for enrollment staff
The fund is intended to support Missouri Medicaid expansion education and enrollment efforts occurring up to eight months into the enrollment period.
Please note: Award notification will depend on the outcome of the Medicaid expansion litigation.
If you have questions, email McClain Bryant Macklin, Health Forward Director of Policy and Strategic Initiatives, at firstname.lastname@example.org.