Health Forward Foundation dedicates a limited amount of funds each year to sponsor select events that further our mission and advances health equity. Requests from non-profit organizations serving our region will be considered that align with our purpose to support and build inclusive, powerful, and healthy communities characterized by racial equity and economically just systems.
We will sponsor events up to $10,000. Our average sponsorship is $2,500.
What we sponsor
- Educational opportunities to build the skills of people working on health equity in Health Forward’s service area.
- Events that strengthen advocacy efforts in the region that align with our policy agenda.
- Events that connect a variety of sectors, geographies, and cultural communities to experience engaging programming and discussions to more effectively educate or advocate for economic inclusion and racial equity.
Health Forward does not sponsor capital campaigns, political campaigns, runs/walks, camps, and sporting events. Fundraisers will be considered for partner organizations celebrating significant milestones.
- Organizations that are 501 (c ) public charities are eligible for event sponsorships. Groups of organizations such as coalitions or collaboratives are also eligible to apply, but only one organization may receive a sponsorship.
- Preference will be given to events that take place in our region, show a substantial benefit to our service area and strategy. Discretion will be applied to local and national associations in which Health Forward is a member and to local and national organizations in which Health Forward staff serve on the board.
- Event sponsorship funds may not be used retroactively.
- Generally we sponsor one per year with exceptions
- Representatives from Health Forward will review proposals and make final funding decisions. You will be notified by email within three weeks of receipt of the request.
- Health Forward will supply successful applicants with our logo for use in promotions of the event.
- Event sponsorship in one year does not determine sponsorship in subsequent years.