Applications are reviewed on a regular basis throughout the year, with funding decisions made usually within 4-8 weeks after receipt of proposal.
Health Forward has made the following changes to our applicant defined grant process for the remainder of 2020. These changes are being made to support current and future health and economic needs created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Shifting priorities – Understanding that our applicant defined grant budget is limited, and we are trying to be responsive to an overwhelming number of requests, we will prioritize requests from organizations that provide essential services including:
- Access to safety net clinical services (mental health, physical health, etc.)
- Food assistance
- Medication assistance
- Reduced award amounts – In order to equitably fund a range of organizations, Health Forward anticipates most awards will be $50,000 or less.
- Eligibility to re-apply – Any organization who was declined for an applicant defined grant between January 2020 – April 2020 may re-apply in 2020.
- Reduced application burden – Applicant defined grant applications for the remainder of 2020 will be submitted through an abbreviated narrative template.